You can pretty much do anything with makeup – that’s the whole point…right? To do what makes us feel the best. That being said, there are definitely certain wrong turns you can take to make your makeup application look questionable. Here are 5 common makeup mistakes that we all have made, and how to fix them!
1. Wrong shade of bronzer // This is such a common mistake among girls and it’s buying the wrong shade of bronzer. Many girls buy their bronzer either too orange or too dark. If it’s too orange, your skin could look like you got a really bad spray tan. And if it’s too dark, then your skin could look almost muddy, and dirty. So definitely make sure you have the right shade for your skin tone – ask a beauty advisor at Sephora or Ulta for help if you need to!
2. Not curling your lashes // Curling your lashes is such an easy thing to add into your beauty routine that makes a huge difference. It takes two seconds to do, and once you get the hang of it, you will never want to apply mascara before curling your lashes again! Longer lashes means your eyes look more open, your eyeshadow all seems to blend together better, and it just overall adds a pop. So definitely try to curl your lashes if you don’t already!
3. Skipping moisturizer before applying foundation // It’s so important to moisturize your skin before putting makeup on – not only so the chemicals from the makeup don’t directly absorb into your skin, but also so your foundation doesn’t cling onto dry patches and make your skin look flaky and rough. It’s never cute to talk to someone when they have skin flaking off of their chin so make sure you are always moisturized before applying makeup!
4. Not blending your foundation properly // So so sooo many girls forget to blend their foundation into the hairline, on to the ears, and down the neck. Along with making sure you blend your foundation well on your face, those places are really important for making it all look natural. You know that foundation line girls have along their jaw line or forehead sometimes? That comes from not blending their makeup down their necks and into their hairlines. So make sure you do to ensure it looks as natural as possible!
5. Forgetting to set your makeup // Using a setting spray is crucial to getting rid of that powdery look, and making your makeup look as if it’s melted into your skin to look as natural as possible. If you use any powder products, definitely purchase a setting spray to lock everything in place and make it look natural.
These are all such common mistakes and take two seconds to change! I personally used the wrong shade of bronzer for a while until I figured out what shade works with my skin tone, and it changed my entire makeup routine and look. Such an easy fix but it took me a while to figure it out!
Do you do any of these mistakes?
I’ll talk to you all soon xx
Don’t forget to follow me on: